Our client base consists of property developers, builders, home owners, contractors, architects, engineers, surveyors and other consultants.
We work both in an advisory capacity and in relation to disputes with other parties. For more information about Dispute Resolution – Mediation, Adjudication, Arbitration and Expert Determination click here.
We will discuss your options and work with you to achieve the best resolution of your problems. Our focus is on maintaining an up to date knowledge of both the law and the commercial environment.
Our expertise encompasses the whole of the construction process, from negotiations through drafting to dispute resolution.
We can assist with:
- Advising on the choice of an appropriate form of contract
- Pre-contractual negotiations and project structuring
- Risk management and compliance
- Contract preparation and negotiation of all forms of building and engineering contracts
- Domestic and commercial building disputes
- Drafting bespoke amendments and special conditions to amend standard form construction contracts such as JCT, NEC, FIDIC and other industry wide contracts
- Advice on contract administration and risk management
- Drafting various other contracts and agreements including construction management agreements and joint venture agreements
- Variation claims
- Progress claims
- Extension of time claims
- Delay/damages claims
- Advising in relation to planning, environmental and compliance issues
- Drafting payment claims and payment schedules
- Drafting international Arbitration and Adjudication documents
- Enforcing Adjudication decisions in Court
- Challenging Adjudication decisions in Court
Construction and Adjudication
- Acting for clients in Adjudication
- Acting for clients in contractual disputes in the County Courts, the Technology and Construction Court and in Arbitration
- Drafting all forms of notices under construction contracts
- Acting for contractors to recover monies owed under building contracts
- Acting for homeowners and developers in defending claims for monies owed under building contracts or for defective or incomplete works